The Golden Age Olympics is an Olympic-style event for participants age 50 and over. The competition features individual events in a number of categories, including card games, athletics and recreation. It began in 1983 with three events and currently offers over 30.
OVERVIEW RULES & REGULATIONS
- All athletes must be 50 years of age or over to participate. Age is calculated as of day of event. These events are open to all persons; there is no residency requirement. Some events may have an additional fee as specified on the event description list.
- To be eligible to enter, you must fill out and sign a registration form. For those events requiring a partner, both partners must fill out and sign registration forms. We strongly encourage you to REGISTER EARLY to ensure your participation in the event of your choice.
- Fees: $7.00 for the first event and $5.00 for each event thereafter.There will be no refunds for cancellations. All sales are final. However, if a cancellation occurs participants may keep their T-shirt.
- Registration MUST be received 1 week prior to each event unless noted. No late or on-site registration will be accepted. You may register at the Las Palmas Community Center at 1921 N. 25th, or Lark Community Center at 2601 Lark or Palm View Community Center at 3401 Jordan. Online registration available.
- Each event must have at least 3 participants in order to have an official 1st, 2nd & 3rd place awarded. Any event having less than three participants will be subject to being dropped from competition or combined with another age group.
- For specific event rules and procedures please visit the rules folder.
**ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING THE RULES FROM THE PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT OR ANY OF THE CITY'S THREE COMMUNITY CENTERS FOR THE EVENTS THEY ARE ENTERING.