-DROP BOX FOR TAX PAYMENTS-
The City of McAllen Tax Department now has a drop box at the Development Center. Customers that are unable to pay property taxes in person, or do not want to stand in line can now place their property tax payments in the Tax Drop Box which is located on the south side of the building facing Cedar Ave.
Payments placed in the drop box by 11:59 p.m. are considered timely. The residents’ canceled check or money order stub will serve as receipt. Please place payments in a sealed envelope and do not place any cash or any other payments due to the City of McAllen in the Tax Drop Box.
All 2017 property taxes are due by January 31, 2018. Penalty and interest begins to accrue on February 1, 2018. If residents have not received a statement, or have misplaced their statement, please contact the Tax Office at (956) 681-1330.
To enforce the collection of ad valorem tax in the City of McAllen by making sure that every property in the City is correctly appraised and assessed at fair market value, and that every property owner will meet the responsibility to pay property taxes upon ownership of such land.
- Continue to target personal property accounts before they reach statues of limitation on taxation.
- Continue to work with the planning department and appraisal district in order to keep agues rollback issues under control.
- Continue to monitor the partial payment contracts, bankruptcy cases, and special accounts incase of changes.
- Continue to educate the staff for their benefit as well as for the benefit of the citizens of the City of McAllen.
Payments made via credit card or electronic
check are subject to an additional fee.
The City of McAllen accepts quarterly payments, credit card payments, and partial payments.
|Over 65 or Senior Citizens
||$5,000.00 to $12,000.00
||Total Exempt Homestead
* Note: Applications for exemptions must be filed with the Chief Appraiser at the Hidalgo County Appraisal Office