TxDOT Update on Bicentennial and 12
CSJ: 0039-17-180 IH 2/US 83 & Bicentennial Blvd
• Contractor: Anderson Columbia Co., Inc.
• Limits of work: IH-2, From FM 2220 (Ware Road) To McColl Rd
• Limits of work: Bicentennial Blvd, From Jackson Ave to Uvalde Ave
• Scope: Interchange Improvements
• Contract Days: 610 Days (3 Years)
• Estimated Completion Date: December 2019
• % Complete: 33%
Progress of Work:
- Bicentennial Bridge Progress
- Contractor working on new Bicentennial Bridge.
- Beams to be delivered early November.
- Estimating Early January for traffic switch to new (North) section of Ih-2. Same lane configuration will apply- (2 lanes in each direction)
- Once traffic is switched, work will begin on the proposed EB lanes (South IH-2).
- Hot-mix paving will commence early November.
- Existing Bicentennial Bridge
- Contractor to remove remaining south Bicentennial bridge within the next few weeks. Removal of remaining section should be complete by first week of November.
- Proposed Bicentennial Intersection
- Contractor cutting down north side of Bicentennial to grade to begin forming new intersection. We should see Bicentennial open to thru traffic by End of September 2019.
- 10thSt & 23rd Streets
- Contractor closing turnarounds to prepare for 10th and 23rd street raising operations tentatively scheduled for February 2019.
Upcoming Changes in Traffic:
· Lane closures: (Weather permitting)
· 10th & 23rd street turnarounds as needed
· WBFR may have lane closures to install drainage lines.
UPCOMING Traffic switches: (Weather permitting)
• Traffic switch early January 2019.
These dates below are subject to change pending weather and or other circumstances.
Figure 1- Facing East toward Main St- Working on retaining walls for Bicentennial approach
Figure 2- Bicentennial Bridge Approach. Temporary wall on Left, Permeant wall on Rt.
Figure 3 - Approach West of Bicentennial Blvd. Working on Embankment Rt.
Figure 4 - Bicentennial Blvd- Facing West. Working on bridge overpass approach
Figure 5 - Bicentennial Blvd- Facing East. Working on bridge overpass approach & Bridge foundation