Effective, Monday, March 23, 2020, the Tax Office will continue to be operational, but will move to web-based or drop-off service only.
Property taxes can be paid in the following manner:
- Use our Drop-Box located on the south side of the building facing Cedar Avenue.Please place payments in a sealed envelope.No cash or any other payments in the drop box.
- Pay Online; Please visit our website, http://www.mcallen.net/departments/tax
A convenience fee of 3% for transactions over $100.01; or $3.00 for transactions $100 or less apply to all Credit or Debit Card transactions.
Effective immediately, a lower fee for electronic check payments. A fee of $1.00 will be applied when paying with an electronic check between March 20, 2020 through April 30, 2020.
- Mail in payments can be sent to City of McAllen Tax Office, P.O. Box 220, McAllen TX 78505-0220.
Staff will be available to answer any phone calls during normal business hours.
To enforce the collection of ad valorem tax in the City of McAllen by making sure that every property in the City is correctly appraised and assessed at fair market value, and that every property owner will meet the responsibility to pay property taxes upon ownership of such land.
- Continue to target personal property accounts before they reach statues of limitation on taxation.
- Continue to work with the planning department and appraisal district in order to keep agues rollback issues under control.
- Continue to monitor the partial payment contracts, bankruptcy cases, and special accounts incase of changes.
- Continue to educate the staff for their benefit as well as for the benefit of the citizens of the City of McAllen.
You can also print a copy of your tax bill from our website
In an effort to help our citizens pay their property taxes online,
the fee for all electronic checks will be $1.00 beginning
on March 20, 2020 through April 30, 2020.
Payments made via credit card or electronic
check are subject to an additional fee.
The City of McAllen accepts quarterly payments, credit card payments, and partial payments.
|Disabled Veteran (1-4)
||$5,000 to $12,000
|100%Disabled Veteran's Residence Homestead
||Total Exempt Homestead*
* Note: Applications for exemptions and address corrections must be filed with the Chief Appraiser at the Hidalgo County Appraisal Office. www.hidalgoad.org