To enforce the collection of ad valorem tax in the City of McAllen by making sure that every property in the City is correctly appraised and assessed at fair market value, and that every property owner will meet the responsibility to pay property taxes upon ownership of such land.
- Continue to target personal property accounts before they reach statues of limitation on taxation.
- Continue to work with the planning department and appraisal district in order to keep agues rollback issues under control.
- Continue to monitor the partial payment contracts, bankruptcy cases, and special accounts incase of changes.
- Continue to educate the staff for their benefit as well as for the benefit of the citizens of the City of McAllen.
Payments made via credit card or electronic
check are subject to an additional fee.
Our office recently mailed out the 2019 Tax Statements.
If you own property in the City of McAllen, and have not received a tax bill, please call (956) 681-1330 to obtain a copy of your tax bill.
You can also print a copy of your tax bill from our website
The City of McAllen accepts quarterly payments, credit card payments, and partial payments.
|Over 65 or Senior Citizens
||$5,000.00 to $12,000.00
||Total Exempt Homestead
* Note: Applications for exemptions and address corrections must be filed with the Chief Appraiser at the Hidalgo County Appraisal Office. www.hidalgoad.org