To enforce the collection of ad valorem tax in the City of McAllen by making sure that every property in the City is correctly appraised and assessed at fair market value, and that every property owner will meet the responsibility to pay property taxes upon ownership of such land.
- Continue to target personal property accounts before they reach statues of limitation on taxation.
- Continue to work with the planning department and appraisal district in order to keep agues rollback issues under control.
- Continue to monitor the partial payment contracts, bankruptcy cases, and special accounts incase of changes.
- Continue to educate the staff for their benefit as well as for the benefit of the citizens of the City of McAllen.
Our office recently mailed out the 2019 Tax Statements.
If you own property in the City of McAllen, and have not received a tax bill, please call (956) 681-1330 to obtain a copy of your tax bill.
You can also print a copy of your tax bill from our website
Payments made via credit card or electronic
check are subject to an additional fee.
The City of McAllen accepts quarterly payments, credit card payments, and partial payments.
|Disabled Veteran (1-4)
||$5,000 to $12,000
|100%Disabled Veteran's Residence Homestead
||Total Exempt Homestead*
* Note: Applications for exemptions and address corrections must be filed with the Chief Appraiser at the Hidalgo County Appraisal Office. www.hidalgoad.org
DON’T WANT TO WAIT IN LINE TO PAY TAXES? USE OUR DROP BOX
The City of McAllen Tax Department has a Tax Drop Box available just outside at the McAllen Development Center at 311 N. 15th street. Customers who are unable to pay property taxes in person or do not want to stand in line can place their property tax payments in the Tax Drop Box which is located on the South side of the building facing Cedar Avenue.
Payments dropped off after business hours and next day before 7:30 am will be processed with the previous day’s date. The residents’ canceled check or money order stub will serve as receipt. Please place payments in a sealed envelope and do not place any cash or any other payments due to the City of McAllen in the Tax Drop Box.
Property taxes can be paid in the following manner of payment:
- City of McAllen Tax Department, 311 N. 15th Street, in person, via check, cash, money order or debit or credit card. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Indoor Drop box also located inside building.
- U.S. Postal Service via mail to City of McAllen Tax Department, P.O. Box 220, McAllen TX 78505-0220. Payments made with U.S. Postal Service postmark on or before January 31, 2020 are considered timely. Commercial postal meter imprints are not considered postmarks.
- City of McAllen website on the yellow button above , via debit or credit and electronic check.