SIGN-UP to Serve Your Community
The City of McAllen is continuously seeking volunteers to serve on various city appointed advisory boards and committees. Requirements include:
- Being a resident of the City (By City Ordinance Ch. 2)
- Being a registered voter (By City Ordinance Ch. 2)
- Complying with the required training pursuant to the City’s Ethics Ordinance 2006-68 encompassing Ethics, Open Meetings and Open Records Training within a set period of appointment;
- Attending 50% of regular and special meetings (By City Ordinance Ch. 2); and
- Submitting a complete application to the City Secretary’s Office.
Appointments are made by the Mayor and City Commissioners. Certain boards/committees require knowledge and expertise in a certain industry.
We need your help to better serve the community. Make a difference and be a part of the boards and committees to help make this happen.